Friday, December 12, 2008
The Final Blog
I would like to think that I expected this semester to go as fast as all the others. But, I went into this semester thinking that if I don't think about how fast it goes then it wouldn't go as fast. Wrong. It's December and I have no idea how that happened. I think it feels like there have been three actual days this semester: move-in day, Halloween, which brings us to today. But looking through my blog it is clear that there have been many days and weeks of the semester. I loved looking through the blogs I have written over the course of the semester and each week stretched me to grasp new concepts and understand the world in a new way. I think this is a great way to teach women and gender; because this is exactly how one must grow to learn anything in this field. I have loved this class for precisely that reason. The readings for this week expanded on this each one highlighting different aspects that we covered all semester. It is hard for me to pull just one line or one quote from the reading that ties everything together because everything was and is tied together. I think Johnson's article entitled, "The Gender Knot," does what other articles don't necessarily in that it gives steps of "what to do." It's so hard to say what to do with this topic as it is both so personal and so societal all at once. This article plants the seed in essence of what every person can do on all levels. I think that is the biggest thing I have gotten from this class and what makes it different than any class I have ever taken while in school; I leave this class wanting to be different, live different, question differently, and see the world differently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment